Are Google Ads Worth It For Small Businesses In 2022?
If you’re a small business owner and thinking if Google Ads is worth it for your business, the the answer is yes.
More small business owners are leaning more towards Google ads due to the fact that Facebook is being hampered by privacy regulations due to its attribution.
Dip into Google Ads’s information along with a master plan, you can get the following information:
- What are the cheap clicks that leads visitors to your website
- Targeting new customers
- Long-term opportunities for growth
But don’t get too excited since there are still stuff you need to know before you dive in with Google Ads.
Google Ads won’t magically make your ad campaigns for your business better compared to your competitors. Your efforts and hard work is still needed.
Why Google Ads Even If You’re an SMB?
Here are two things are crucial to remember when you’re running a small venture:
Brand awareness and customer acquisition.
The thing is here is how are you going to compete with big advertisers with such a limited budget?
Don’t worry Google ads can still help you grow your business and here are the reasons why:
- Sophisticated ad tools: Google provides AI, tracking, ad management and analytics, those are the tools that they can provide. Utilizing these tools really well can help you reach your target customers without the fear of spending ton of cash.
- Target by search intent: Targeted advertising is a powerful feature. If you properly optimize your search ads chances are you’re going to reach your potential customers who are already looking for your product/service.
- Reach people within your area: With Google My Business and Geotargeting, you can reach and attract potential customers within your area. This works really well especially if you’re in a service types of business such as Dental or Car Repairs. A potential customer can search for example: dental emergency + ‘your location’ and your ad may come up in the first search results.
- Instant & trackable results: It’s highly important for small businesses to track the growth and ensure that growth is steady. And Google Ads is here to help you with that and they will give you a clear picture of what’s working and even the things that you needed to add for your ads to perform through their ‘Recommendations’.
How Much Should You Spend On Google Ads As a Small Business?
The first rule of running Google campaigns on limited resources? Don’t go bonkers.
It’s true that the more you spend the better. You can split your campaigns and track more data which provides a clearer picture.
But with your budget low, you can start small and play it smart to compete with the big boys.
If you run a small (possibly local) business you could start with a $2000-$8000 spend. Focus on keyword research, optimization, and tracking data so you can see what works.
The amount that one should spend on Google ads varies depending on the size & location of the company, as well as the industry.
After you’ve found the winning formula, you can start scaling aggressively and spend money with much more confidence.