How to Exclude Mobile Apps in Google Display Campaign
Powered by Embed YouTube Video
In this article we will be talking about how you can exclude mobile apps in your Display Campaign.
First off, why is it important to exclude mobile apps in your Display campaign? Mainly because mobile apps in most cases are not targeted, which means it’s possible that your display ad may appear on a mobile app not related to your niche.
It may appear on mobile app games or anything that is gaming related which means wasted ad spend. This is why excluding mobile apps in your placement is highly recommended.
You may exclude mobile app placement via campaign or ad group level. On this article I’ll be showing you how to do it in Ad Group level.
Now let’s walk through the steps:
1. In your campaign dashboard, select the display campaign and then the ad group you wanted to add an exclusion placement to.
2. Once you clicked the Ad group, look for the ‘Content’ section on the left side of Google Ads and then click ‘Exclusions’.
3. After clicking ‘Exclusions’ you will be redirected to the ‘Topic exclusions’ page
Click the drop down option and select the Placement exclusions option
Click the Pencil Icon and choose ‘Edit ad group targeting’. And select the ad group.
4. After selecting an ad group, you will be redirected to this page wherein you can add your placement exclusions
5. Click ‘App categories’ and after that another option will appear.
Ensure that you also check ‘Windows Phone Apps’. Then click the ‘Apple App Store’ drop down menu and select ALL categories.
6. Once you’re done selecting the categories, scroll down to the page and click ‘Save’.
7. Go back to the Topic exclusions page and select its drop down menu and click Placement exclusions.
8. You will then see here the placement exclusions you’ve applied for YouTube and Display campaigns.