How to Import Goals from Analytics into Google Ads
In this guide I will be showing you how easy it is to import your Goals from Google Analytics into your Google Ads so it will be your form of conversion tracking. But before I show you how to do this I’m going to assume you already setup the following steps:
- You already have a Google Analytics account completely set up
- You’ve already created your Goals in Google Analytics
- You already have a Google Ads account
If you are missing one of these important steps you cannot proceed in importing any Goals.
Now let’s proceed with the steps:
1. Go to your Google Analytics account and in your dashboard in the lower left corner click ‘Admin’
2. After clicking Admin you will get redirected to this page, look in the ‘All Website Data’ section then click Goals.
Your list of Goals should appear after clicking
3. Now go to your Google Ads account and conversions by going to Tools & Settings > Conversions
Then click the plus icon “+”
4. You will then presented by different kinds of conversions you wanted to track and on this setup you will choose Import
Choose Google Analytics (UA) and then continue
5. The Goals setup through Google Analytics should appear here. Select the Goal you wanted to import and then Import and Continue.
And viola! You just imported a Goal from Google Analytics.
6. After clicking Done you should be able to see the Goal you’ve imported from Google Analytics
So that’s how easy it is to import a Goal from Google Analytics to Google Ads. Hopefully this guide helps you a lot.